In recent years our increasingly busy lifestyles have left us searching for new and fast ways to boost our energy and overcome daily fatigue, with a huge rise in the consumption of energy drinks and quick caffeine fixes, and little understanding of how these can be damaging to our health.
What we might not realize is that there are just as many natural health boosters available, which can be fitted in easily into our everyday life for an overall improvement in our health, fitness and wellbeing.
Some nutritionist believe few top tips could boost your energy so that you can keep going until bedtime…
- Many individuals rely on regular doses of caffeine to make it through the day, consuming countless cups of coffee daily. However coffee offers only a quick, short-term energy boost, which in turn can have negative side effects such as spiking blood pressure and causing insomnia. Try switching to green tea, for a more sustained release of caffeine over a longer period, and a more natural energy boost.
- Help to improve your energy levels by introducing a daily probiotic in to your diet. An imbalance in your gut flora can influence your body’s ability to digest the food you’re eating, in both absorbing the nutrients your body needs and removal of waste substances that could otherwise leave you feeling
sluggish. A multi-strain probiotic such as Bio-Kult can improve wellbeing by keeping the bacteria in your gut in balance.
- Ginseng is another natural stimulant which has been used for thousands of years to not only boost energy, but also reduce stress and improve immune response. The active ingredients in ginseng helps to control the hormone activity, which influences blood pressure and increases metabolism. Try a natural supplement, such as Real Health Wholefood’s Energy vitamin for a daily dose of ginseng – as a 100 per cent natural, organic supplement, its absorption rate is higher than synthetic alternatives available.
- Give meditation a go. This does not necessarily require a great deal of time in your day to achieve a heightened sense of focus and reduction of fatigue! Simply take a few minutes each morning after you wake to breathe deeply, calm your body, and help you start the day at your best.
- Omega 3 fatty acids and healthy fats are finally becoming recognized as a vital part of our daily diet, which are incredibly beneficial for energy metabolism. As the brain is comprised mainly of fatty acids, EPA and DHA found in omega 3 are proven to help boost brain power and improve memory. Try introducing more oily fish into your diet, such as salmon, herring and trout, as well as seeds, pulses and vegetables including broccoli and spinach. Omega 3 fish oils can also be found in supplement form, so why not try UnoCardio 1000 which was recently named the highest quality fish oil on the market.
- Something as simple as staying hydrated and getting your recommended two to three liter of water a day can make a huge difference to your energy levels. Even mild dehydration can have an effect on our mood and ability to concentrate on daily tasks. Whether or not you are exercising daily or in warmer climates, it is a great idea to keep a bottle of water with you at all times!
We hope the above instructions could help our readers to boost their daily energy.